We recently won the prestigious Best Employer Branding 2019 Award in East Africa at the 14th annual Employer Branding Awards. The awards were hosted by Employer Branding Institute, in partnership with World HRD Congress and the Stars of the Industry Group; they were further endorsed by the Asian Confederation of Businesses.
The Employer Branding Institute celebrates global best practices in employer branding with a specific focus on the employee experience and how it’s optimized through talent management practices and agility to innovate while promoting world-class performance and impact.
Competing against many of the region’s prominent companies from diverse industries, Nielsen was recognized for its value-driven leadership and employee experience. We’ve founded our employee experience on three principles—Be Yourself, Make A Difference and Grow With Us—which help us drive an integrated approach to enhancing engagement across the business.
Some of the key focus areas for Nielsen around employee engagement include:
- Diversity & Inclusion – We’ve made Diversity & Inclusion the cornerstone of Nielsen’s business globally and an integral part of our organizational DNA;
- Global Responsibility & Sustainability – Our employees are empowered to make a difference by collaborating internally and externally through initiatives like Nielsen Cares, Nielsen Green, etc.
- Talent Mobility – Our employees have the opportunity to take up exciting roles in different parts of the world where Nielsen has operations to gain new experiences and learn from new challenges;
- Meritocracy – Our employees are recognized, rewarded and promoted based on their contributions and impact; and
- Training & Development and Rewards & Recognition – We focus on both skills-based and leadership development through various training programs at different levels within the company. In addition, recognizing and celebrating employee achievements is also high on the company’s agenda for employee engagement.
“We’re honored to receive this prestigious award that celebrates our philosophy of employee engagement,” said Nielsen East Africa’s Managing Director, Faith Wanderi, commenting on the significance of the award. “Nielsen is a place where individuality and inclusivity is celebrated. Our employees have the passion to make an impact, whether it is through our data and insights or our corporate social responsibility programs and community service. We also believe in nurturing growth from within and have programs that develop talent to be ready for future roles and career paths. We continue to build on our principles and provide a fulfilling experience to our employees and patrons.”
Pictured above: Faith Wanderi, Managing Director, East Africa, Nielsen, receives the award.